Apple released iOS 10.1 last week and is now available to download in all regions. However, there are many users who have never updated to iOS 10.1 and would like to do so before iOS 10.2 releases later this year. This update guide will walk you through how to downgrade from any iOS firmware version to the latest 10.1.1, or in other words, from iOS 10.1 to iOS 10.1.1.
In late December, Apple released an update to 10.1.1. This update was a minor update for most users, but unfortunately for some, it also caused issues with their iPhone or iPad Touch. Downloading and updating any iOS Firmware can be a difficult task, especially if you aren’t an advanced user and need to have an easy-to-follow set of instructions. This guide is an attempt to show anyone who has an iPhone or iPad with an iOS firmware higher than 10.1.1 a way to downgrade to iOS 10.1.1.
Read the entire article to Update or Downgrade From Any iOS Firmware to iOS 10.1.1 if you want to downgrade or upgrade your previous iOS Firmware. If you wish to jailbreak iOS 10.3.1, follow these instructions.
To learn how to update or downgrade from any iOS firmware to iOS 10.1.1, continue reading.
Greetings, friends! If you’re an iOS 10.2 user looking to downgrade your firmware to 10.1.1 in order to jailbreak your smartphone, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’ll show you how to downgrade firmware from 10.2 to 10.1.1 as well as update your iOS 9 device to iOS 10.1.1.
Apple just released version 10.1.1, which includes bug patches as well as other problems. This firmware includes several intriguing features such as camera protract mode, security patches, and more. This also works with iPhone5+ and iPad2+ devices. Device updates are usually detected immediately on our iDevices, but if you haven’t received any from Apple, check it manually. If you’re an iOS 10 user, you can get a jailbreak from here.
How to Update or Downgrade to iOS 10.1.1 From Any iOS Firmware
Open the Settings >> General Settings >> Software Updates and check for possible updates.
This article contains the following content:
For this procedure, there are certain prerequisites.
- Excellent internet access.
- The iPhone must be in the 5+ series.
- IPSW 10.1.1 firmware file
- Tunes’ official software.
- To upload any IPSW files, I’ll need some storage space.
- iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5S, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, iPod Touch 6th Gen, iPad Pro 1 and iPad Pro 2, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, and iPad Mini 4, iPad Air 1 and iPad Air 2, iPad Air 1 and iPad Air 2, iPad Air 1 and iPad Air 2, iPad Air 1 and iPad Air 2, iPad Air 1 and iPad Air 2, iPad Air 1 and iPad Air 2, iPad Air 1 and iPad Air 2, iPad Air 1 and iPad Air 2, iPad Air 1 and
Also check out:
- Free jailbreak for iOS 9
- Free jailbreak for iOS 12
- The Best Cydia Tweaks For iOS are available for download.
Using iTunes, you may downgrade or upgrade your iDevice’s firmware to iOS 10.1.1:
Here you may discover how to upgrade or downgrade your iPhone/iPad to iOS 10.1.1, as well as how to jailbreak your device. In order to complete this upgrade, you must first download iOS 10.1.1 firmware from the IPSW website, then restore your device using an updated version of iTunes. I believe you’re all perplexed by it. So, follow the step-by-step instructions below and do the same on your smartphone.
You’re attempting to downgrade 10.2.1 Firmware to iOS 10.1.1 if you’re an iOS 9 firmware jailbreak user wanting to upgrade to 10.1.1 while you need to un-jailbreak your smartphone for this update. I believe this is a simple procedure. You can use the Electra Jailbreak and Yalu Jailbreak programs to jailbreak your iDevices.
What are the steps for upgrading or downgrading iOS versions?
- To begin, go to the link below and download the 10.1.1 IPSW File to your PC or Mac. This is for device upgrades or downgrades, and it also guarantees that you have the proper version file.
Note: Before downloading the iOS 10.1.1 spit file, make sure it’s signed in the status bar.
- Connect your iPhone iPad to your computer or Mac, and then open the latest iTunes application.
3UTools may be downloaded here.
Using a USB cable, connect your iDevice to your computer.
- Create an iTunes backup of your device’s personal data, including as documents, pictures, and videos.
Go to Backup and choose it.
- Once the backup is created on iTunes merely navigate to iPhone Settings >> iCloud Settings >> then Tap Turn off “Find My Device”.
Backup is now complete.
- Likewise, turn off your phone or iPad. After Click the Restore iPhone button while holding the Alt key on a Windows PC or the options key on a Mac.
- Then, from the sidebar, go to the Downloads option and choose the previously downloaded IPSW 10.1.1 file.
Downloads of IPSW
- You should now see a tiny pop-up verifying the Restore Upgrade or Downgrade process when you click the Open button on the bottom bar.
- Simply read and confirm the information in the pop-up box regarding this Upgrade or Downgrade. After that, choose the Restore option.
- This procedure may take anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes, depending on how long you want to wait for a successful upgrade or downgrade.
- When the procedure is finished, a Welcome Screen appears on your desktop.
The procedure has been completed.
- Now Restore your device’s previous backup data.
Stop this procedure on your device if the iOS 10.1.1. IPSW file is not signed.
Articles Related to This:
- Jailbreak for iOS 9.2 is now available.
- Download Cydia Eraser for free.
How to Upgrade or Downgrade to iOS 10.1.1 From Any iOS Firmware
This technique is identical to the first, except that we use official iTunes Updates to upgrade our devices. As with the previous approach, you must download the IPSW file individually.
- First and foremost, back up your iPhone/iPad device’s important data to your computer since it will be permanently destroyed if you complete this procedure without first creating a backup.
Go to Backup and choose it.
- After you’ve completed the back procedure, go to your desktop and open the most recent version of iTunes.
iTunes has been updated.
- Now Connect your iPhone or iPad to your desktop or Mac using your USB connection.
- Then, in the top left of the bar, locate the Device button; after you’ve located it, just open and go to that choice.
- Find the Check for Update option, which will be towards the bottom of the page’s summary, and tap on it. Wait a few seconds after it displays the most recent updates for your iDevice.
- Then choose the option to download and update. It will take almost 20 minutes to finish, so be patient and hope for a successful firmware download.
Using iTunes to Update
- Now it asked you to enter your iDevice Passcode in a box.
Commonly Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Is it safe to upgrade or downgrade my iOS versions?
Answer: I can’t claim it’s safe since you may lose everything on your iDevices if you do anything, therefore you must be cautious while downgrading or upgrading your iDevices. When it comes to the official Upgrade, I don’t see any issues.
- Step 2) Can I use IPSW files to downgrade my iOS version from 12 to 11?
Yes, you may use IPSW files to downgrade or upgrade to any iOS version. However, you must choose IPSW files carefully.
- Step 3) Do I have to pay anything to get the IPSW files?
Answer: No, you don’t have to pay anything to get IPSW files; they’re available for free.
I believe you have completed all of the procedures outlined above; but, if you do, you may experience problems on your end. You may downgrade or upgrade to any iOS version using IPSW files. If you’re seeking to upgrade or downgrade your iOS versions, I believe you’ll find this post useful. If you found this post helpful, please share it with your friends and family. Non-Jailbreak Cydia Store and FilzaEscaped may be downloaded for free from this page.
“How to Downgrade or Upgrade From Any iOS Firmware to iOS 10.1.1” is the primary focus of this post. Why did I pick iOS 10.1.1 above other iOS versions? Because it is the only iOS version with unique features and security. Please let me know if you encounter any other issues in the comments area. I will do my best to provide you with a better answer to your question.
Thank you for visiting OM Geeky; for more information, go to omgeeky.com.
My name is Pardhu, and I’d like to introduce myself. At OMGeeky, I work as an Editor and Author. Actually, I am a techie who is constantly eager to share tech-related information with my users. Apart from that, I like traveling, I enjoy sports, I am a good listener, I am a team player, a photographer, I am a graduate, and I enjoy hill climbing.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- ios 10.1.1 ipsw
- ios 10.1.1 download
- ios 10.2 downgrade
- downgrade ios 10.2 to 10.1.1
- ios 10.1.1